Against the backdropof continued strong growth in the global shipping sector, GF Piping Systems will have a prominent presence at Nor-Shipping, one of the globally leading exhibitions in the maritime, which will be held in Oslo, Norway, on June 4-7, 2019. The firm will be showcasing its comprehensive range of reliable, energy-efficient water processing and cooling solutions for cruise, transport and merchant ships as well as offshore platforms. The products are designed to maximize reliability and energy efficiency on board as well as the safety and comfort of passengers and crew.
GF Piping Systems has extensive experience with the marine industry: its innovative solutions have already been installed on some of the largest cruisers worldwide, on offshore platforms and merchant ships. The leader in plastic piping systems also offers comprehensive assistance for onboard piping systems in the US, Europe and Asia to help maximize availability and assist customers with informative training.
“Our corrosion-free solutions are vital to the operation of modern ships and platforms, helping them process and purify waste water, supply people on board with hygienically clean drinking water, and deliver fluids safely and reliably to wherever they are needed”, says Senior Product Manager Marine Products, Mike Beutler.
They help boost reliability, and so reduce downtimes as well as repair and operating costs.
Product and service highlights on show at the GF Piping Systems booth include:
- The SeaDrain White corrosion-free drainage system, featuring the industry’s first non-corroding thermoplastic deck drain in UV-stable white with mechanical and weldable connections and a pressure range of up to 2.4 bar (35 psi).
- COOL-FIT, a complete system of pre-insulated pipes, fittings, valves and hoses, that is 30% more energy efficient than metal systems and ideally suited for secondary cooling with brine, glycol, ethanol and water. Now with marine approval.
- Worldwide project support: experts from GF Piping Systems help you make the right decisions about piping system design, material/component choices and correct installation.
- Off-site pre-assembly: helps reduce project lead times, ensuring that projects are executed cost efficiently and on schedule.
- Automation: thanks to virtually maintenance-free valves with pneumatic or electric drives, piping systems can be extensively automated, which cuts costs and allows more effective deployment of personnel.
“We have partnered with the global cruise, offshore and marine industry for more than 20 years now, supplying lightweight, low-maintenance solutions for the full spectrum of onboard water and cooling applications, so it’s a real pleasure – and an exciting opportunity – for us to have a strong presence at such a key global event for the industry,” says Global Market Segment Manager Marine, Roberto Chiesa.